The Stephens County Probate Court is not an Article 6 Court, therefore, we do not hold jury trials. Magistrate Court and Traffic Court is not under the jurisdiction of the Stephens County Probate Court.
GENERAL GUIDELINES FOR COURT IN-PERSON REOPENING
DUE TO COVID-19 (SUBJECT TO CHANGE)
- All persons are encouraged to wear nose and mouth covering when coming to do business in this Court. Physical distancing is maintained
- To protect the health and safety of the public and court staff, you will be subject to any and all screening by security to enter the courthouse
- This court is currently operating by appointment only for Weapon Carrying License, Marriage license and Court procedures
- Request for birth and death certificates may be completed by phone and email in addition to in-person request. No appointment is needed, however, you will be asked to wait in the lobby until we can assist you
- Please read all instruction at the office door to Room 108, we are limited to 2 people per employee. All desk are at least 6 feet apart, therefore, maintaining social distancing
- All hearings are set in advance and are open to the public unless otherwise restricted. Upon notice of an in-court proceeding to the interested parties, each party is to notify the Court as to how many people will be attending the proceeding and the Court shall accommodate accordingly
- Most filings may be done via mail or carrier. Please contact the Court for details and filing fees.
- Online applications with instructions may be found on our webpage (go to stephenscountyga.com and follow probate court links) to begin Georgia weapons carry license application or marriage license application which makes your office visit much faster.
We appreciate your patience and understanding as we strive to keep everyone safe. We must disinfect any office areas used between customers.