Parks and Recreation Department
We are now taking registration for T-Ball, Prep Ball & Soccer. The deadline is February 26, 2016. T-Ball is for ages 3-4. Prep Ball is for ages 5-6 and Soccer will have ages groups from ages 3-4 through 13-14. The cost is $50. Birth Certificates are required.
Organized recreation plays a significant role in making Stephens County a more desirable place to live and work. The Stephens County Parks and Recreation Department is dedicated to providing a quality park system and leisure activities for all residents of the county.
The men and women of the parks and recreation department work hard to provide opportunities for local children, youth, adults and visitors to improve their physical and mental well-being through programs and services that enhance quality of life. The department also promotes educational and emotional growth to improve the social, cultural and moral well-being of families and the communities it serves.
The ongoing goal of the department is to provide safe, clean and functional parks and recreation facilities, and to assist in the planning and development of new and improved facilities to meet the continued growth within the county.
Youth Activities include basketball, football, cheerleading, youth soccer, t-ball, prep ball, tennis, art, dance, gymnastics, summer camps and disc golf, swim lessons, youth wrestling and babysitting training.
Adult Activities provided include basketball, softball, disc golf, water aerobics, tennis, excercise pool, senior exercise, walking and art, swim lessons and CPR classses.
The department also offers and manages a number of special events including the the Annual Easter Egg Hunt, an Antique and Classic Car Cruise-In and entertainment at the Toccoa Havest Festival, the annual WNEG Home and Garden Show, Softball, Basketball and Football Tournaments, Disc Golf Tournaments, WNEG Radio Senior Expo, Roselane Fireworks and more.
The recreation department is headquartered at the 88-acre Roselane Recreaton Complex which features:
- Stephens County Senior Center
- 14,000-plus square-foot activity center that includes two gyms, aerobics/dance room, gymnastics area, two meeting rooms that will hold up to 25 people, concession stand and restroom facilities
- Four youth softball/baseball fields with concession stand and restrooms
- Three adult softball fields with concession stand and restrooms
- One football field with concession stand and restrooms
- One certified Baseball Field with concessions and bathrooms
- A 24-hole disc golf course
- Three tennis courts
- A 60x40 foot indoor heated exercise therapy pool
- 4 Horseshoe Pits
- Dual Playground - Ages 2-5 & 6-12
- Walking track and stretching station
Richard Adams, Recreation Director
Cheryl Stinnett, Director of Programs
Todd Mayfield, Director of Athletics
Trever Terrell, Terry Calhoun and Matt Duke, Maintenance Crew
P.O. Box 159 (199 Rose Lane Park Drive)
Toccoa, GA 30577
Phone 706-886-5101 Fax 706-282-1397 Email
We work hard so you can play! We are now on Facebook!